MANUFACTURER: SMITH & NEPHEW.
No-Sting Skin-Prep is a liquid film-forming skin preparation that upon application to intact or damaged skin, forms a protective interface that helps prepare skin attachment sites for drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Applies as coating that prepares the skin for adhesive and provides a protective interface that may reduce friction during the removal of tape. No-Sting Skin Prep is indicated for skin attachment sites for draining tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings.
- No-Sting Skin-Prep can be used in sensitive stoma areas as a skin protectant and may reduce irritation from contact with body wastes and stoma fluid.
- No-Sting Skin-Prep forms a protective film on skin that serves as a skin protection which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
- No-Sting Skin-Prep may be used as a skin protectant on intact or damaged skin.
Step 1: Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of No-Sting Skin-Prep.
- No-Sting Skin-Prep does not contain alcohol and therefore will reduce the potential for stinging.
- Helps tape and film adhesion. Only one coat is required, so less product is used per application.
- Removes easily using skin cleanser or soap and water, so unsanitary residue is not left in or around the wound area.
- Thick formula means only one coat is needed to form a protective film, so patients are more comfortable during application.
- Applies easily, even on awkward areas such as elbows, knees, and heels. Moves naturally with patients' skin and won't crack or peel.
Step 2: Apply a uniform coating over entire area you wish to protect. If you miss an area of skin that you intended to cover, wait until the original area of application has dried (approximately 30 seconds), and then reapply to the missed area. If No-Sting Skin-Prep is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the coating to thoroughly dry before returning to normal position. For maximum protection, an optional second coating of No-Sting Skin-Prep may be applied and allowed to dry before covering areas with dressing or other adhesive products.
Step 3: The use of removal adhesive products may also remove No-Sting Skin-Prep, so reapplication is necessary any time that adhesive products are changed.
Step 4: Removal of No-Sting Skin-Prep is not necessary before reapplication. Clean and dry the area and apply fresh No-Sting Skin-Prep as directed above.
Content and information on Pharmapacks.com is provided for
informational purposes only. It is not meant to substitute the advice provided
by one's physician or any other medical professional. You should not use the information
contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or
prescribing medication. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem,
immediately contact your health care provider. Information and statements
regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any
disease. While we work extremely hard to ensure that all product information is
correct, manufacturers sometimes change their logos, packaging and products. You
should use our site as a reference, carefully read all product packaging, and
contact the manufacturer with any questions before using a product. We are not
liable for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. Customer reviews are
provided for informational purposes only. Customer reviews reflect the
individual reviewer's results and experiences only and are not verified or
endorsed by Pharmapacks.com. Actual results
may vary among users.